Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I haven't melted yet

For national night out, I decide to take pics of the dogs who were out for crime prevention...they are, after all, such a great crime deterrent! Unforunately, only one venue was dog friendly, and that's when I got pics of these two cuties!


That's Lottie (or Lonnie) the fluffy dog and Max the Chihuahua. They braved the heat to show their support for their communities!

In knitting news, I am planning on making this sweater eventually:

In Debbie Bliss Cathay. The Cathay is 23 to 4 inches and the sweater is written for 20 to 4 inches, but I think I can make it work by making the next size larger. I decided to make the body in black, but couldn't decide on a contrast color until I stopped at the Knitting Basket yesterday over lunch to see what they had. Ta Da!

DB Cathay in Red. The perfect contrast color for the bottom and wrist details.

Unfortunately, they also had this on sale for 30% off:

As if I needed more yarn. But this Blue Skye Alpacas Cotton is a great buy at 30% off. I think I will make some baby things out of it.
I MUST stop buying yarn now. My little apartment is being taken over by it. AND I have enough for 10 years of knitting. Besides, lately it seems like all I do is buy yarn...have I FINISHED anything recently? I don't think so!

Here's a great head shot of GL:


It appears that when the temps hit three digits, Weatherpixie merely dons her green bikini. She doesn't even have a glass of water with her...Oh well...a bit of a disappointment, but I'm so fixated on the weather, I like having her around.

2 comments:

lemmie said...

you are so funny - i love the alpaca!
susan

Having a Knit Fitt said...

Leave some yarn for me. Heh heh.
Cate