Sunday, August 06, 2006

How can this be??

Last night I finally got sick of seeing the yarn piled up all over my floor...

And it made me a little industrious. So, I took a late evening drive to Kmart where I found a practical, but not terribly attractive yarn keeping device which I was sure was going to hold the yarn that was scattered on the floor in various bags and then I would have the wicker chest and the ugly plastic bins as yarn storage.

However, this thing..with it's six drawer...barely held 1/3 of the stash that I have managed to accumulate. At the end of the evening...not much could be seen in the way of improvement:

There are still bags and boxes of yarn everywhere.

Roz came by and said I needed 17 of the ugly plastic bins. I beg to differ. I am quite sure that 2 more will be more than adequate.

Ginnie Lee and I worked at The Yarn Lounge all day today. GL always makes the customers smile because she is so sweet and pretty, but this young lady and GL really hit it off:

They spent a lot of time getting to know each other and it was really sweet.

Mel's hubby, Mike, came by and he is such a supermodel that he modelled my father's sweater. I really needed to see it on a man's body and after Mike tried it on, it was clear to me that it's a good sweater and it's going to fit Daddy just fine.

...if I ever finish it....

4 comments:

Mary said...

K-mart has those??? I want them for my stash, too! Thanks for the tip! Hey, if yours only held a third of the stash, then I guess you DO need two more!

I love Ginny Lee! :-)

Having a Knit Fitt said...

Never pay attention to Roz.

Becka said...

Welcome to blogland!
LOL, I certainly need to reorganize my stash...gotta have at least 2 more bins for under the bed!

lemmie said...

u r too funny! i love the bins