Monday, July 31, 2006

Gimme some Hot Stuff Baby...

Today is, I believe, the 21st day in a row that Richmond, VA has seen 90+ degree heat. Generally speaking, I'm not one to complain too much about the heat, since I prefer hot to cold....but somehow, the hot of my childhood, adolescence, and early adulthood is not the same hot I am experiencing now as a thirty-something. As much as I would like to chalk this up to global warming, I think the actual culprit is hormones. Some women start perimenopause in their 30s. I am not sure that this is full on perimenopause, but maybe it is peri-perimenopause...because I am finding the heat intolerable where I used to tolerate it easily. Not to mention that I am quite cranky on a regular basis these days and there are hairs growing out of my chin lately (sorry, Ryan, I know you hate talking about this stuff, but I'm all about open communication, as you know).
Tomorrow is going to be three digit temps here in Central Virginia. I am wondering what Weatherpixie is going to wear once it gets to 100. She's wearing a bikini now...wonder if she does pasties and a g-string in triple degree temps. Catharine has suggested that maybe she just melts.

Ginnie Lee, creature of the night:
So, I generally walk her an hour or an hour and a half each evening after work. I just checked the Weather Channel. It's 93 degrees out, but it feels like it's 100. I am hoping that once darkness falls, it might cool off enough for us to take a walk without either of us succumbing to heat stroke. Sheesh.





Ok, I really don't like to talk too much about work stuff, but I wanted to remind everyone that tomorrow night is National Night Out Against Crime. That means everyone should find out what their respective communities are doing and take part in the activities. It's important, and quite frankly, it should be kinda fun.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Well, it's nighttime as I write this, and Weather Pixie is wearing a cool summer nightgown. Smart girl!

I hear ya about the heat. I haven't really liked it for the past five years or so, but no sign of peri-M yet for me. I think the world is just getting hotter. Bleh.