Saturday, August 05, 2006

Yarn Lounge Saturday

Stew wanted to take a weekend off, so she asked me to pitch in at the shop. I said, Sure! So Mel and I spent the day together at TYL and Roz was there all day too! Roz is so close to finishing her red blanket, that I have decided not to post any progress pics of it and just have one big unveiling at the end.

It was oddly slow for much of the day today, as you can tell....


I made a pyramid of yarn with the NEW Wildfoote sock yarn in all these magnificent colors!! Cate picked them...she has such an eye, doesn't she? There are at least 2 colorways I'm going to get for socks this winter. I am such a loose knitter, I would have to knit Wildfoote on a size 0 or below. Yikes!

FINALLY feel like I'm making some progress on Dad's sweater. The left sleeve is actually resembling something other than a nub.

The pic is taken outside on my landing, not in jail, as it may appear. It was nice and sunny out, so I thought I would take advantage of it.

GL spent the day at daycare. Apparently, it's done what it's supposed to do:

Let's hope she makes it through the night...

As Weatherpixie has no doubt indicated to you, the heat wave has broken. Whew! We made it...With a high of 91 today it felt like a cold snap!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I couldn't believe how nice it was yesterday - didn't even feel like it was in the 90's because the humidity was so low! :-)