Monday, August 21, 2006

Technical difficulties

Apparently, there's a mouse in the carriage house. This might be some of the explanation for Ginnie Lee's late night agitations. However, last night, Mr. Mouse bravely made himself aware and visible to both GL and I around 9 p.m. What ensued thereafter was a mad chase around the carriage house and a wild howling hound dog trying to make herself go into every corner that Mr. Mouse went into. Unfortunately, since I live in such a small place, there's a lot of my stuff jammed into every corner of my place.

Also, quite unfortunately, GL got her paw caught up in the ethernet cord to my computer and managed to pull out the wiring from the wall. Here is the problem:
Obviously, all those little wires need to get back into that little plastic box. I'm not sure what the next course of action is... Perhaps some of you tech savvy people can suggest a plan...anyone? anyone?

Also, unforunately, I had already downloaded to my laptop all my pics from yesterday, including the finished Dad's sweater and a picture of how happy Susan was with her Misti Alpaca. I am going to have to find a place with Wifi and get those pics uploaded to show you....b/c some of them are really great!

Here's all that's left of the 11th ball of yarn from my father's sweater.

I love using up a ball of yarn! Of course, there is a full ball of the yarn left, but I don't think that counts, since it's unused.

I figured since I spent so much time on my father's sweater, that I really should do something that I can finish rather quickly just so I feel like I'm accomplishing more than 2 FOs a year. Here is the baby sweater I started yesterday.

Obviously, it's going to knit up v. quickly since I got the back and so much of the front done already. I don't know if you can see it, but that's a cable starting up the front. It should be pretty cute.

My mean, ugly rear neighbor is causing anxiety for me again by yelling at my poor Ginnie Lee. Here she is on squirrel patrol.

Ginnie Lee and I are looking forward to the weather cooling a bit so that we can go for some hikes in the woods at Pocahontas. That really uses up some energy! All the good smells!Anyone care to join us??

2 comments:

lemmie said...

omg! i'm laughing but not at you :) i love that pix of ginny looking at the squirrels. i'm asking my tech saavy husband about the wires...more to come

Having a Knit Fitt said...

Ouch! Hate to see what happened to your ethernet connection.
Cate