Friday, July 21, 2006

TGIF

A lot of stuff today b/c I might not be able to post again until Monday.

Of course, I forgot the camera last night, so there are no pics of class or the Yarn Lounge. Cate had her beautiful version of the Knitting Pure and Simple baby cardi. Her's was green and had lovely embellishments. Here's my version:

Not nearly as lovely as Cate's, but I'm still quite pleased with the outcome. I'm particularly pleased b/c the yarn is the Sugar 'n' Creme you get at Ben Franklin, et. al. that only costs $1.50 a ball...and it uses about 3.5 balls of yarn...what a bargain for a great sweater.

Can I just rave for a moment about the Knitting Pure and Simple patterns? These patterns are just wonderful...beautiful, uncomplicated and well written. I have many of them and plan on getting more soon.

In fact, here's another one...my father's Xmas present... The V-neck top down pullover for men from Knitting Pure and Simple:

Obviously, it's still a WIP. I feel as though I've been knitting the body now for 100 years and it's never going to get to the required 25 inches before I can start the ribbing and finish that portion. Of course...then I have to get to the sleeves. I'm so glad I started early...

I tried to make some more baby gifts. These booties have a glaring error....anyone care to guess what it might be???

Of course, Roz, practical as ever, suggests I should knit two more booties...one big and one small, so then I'll have two pairs. Of course this makes perfect sense. But I don't want to do it, b/c I'm too demoralized by this huge discrepancy in what is a rather easy pattern. Good grief.

Bought some new reading material. The Knitter's Stash book has about 5 patterns I'm dying to knit and about 5 others that I would really like to knit, so I thought it was a good investment.

I'm usually not one to buy magazines full price, but I had to get this one b/c of one pattern:

Doggie Blanket! I have to make this one at some point for my sweet Ginnie Lee. The question is what to make it out of? It has to be washable if GL is going to use it, but I'm not sure I have the energy to knit something that big out of cotton (not the easiest to work with, you know). A washable wool, perhaps? Suggestions? I, of course, will have to modify one of the blocks to make sure it looks like a B & T Coonie.

And here is the daily pic of my B & T coonie:

My sister got her that bone for Xmas and she squeaked it and squeaked it and squeaked it for 7 months. Finally, the other night she killed the squeaker and then collapsed with it.

Maybe I can figure out how to open it up and replace the squeaker, then sew it back up again.


BTW, does anyone know how to get rid of some of the glare on these pics? Photography is not my thing...and the pics on everyone else's blogs look so much nicer than mine...

3 comments:

Having a Knit Fitt said...

Wow, my first mention on a blog and such a nice one. When my digital camera comes I am going to start a blog and will post a pic of the KP&S sweater. I love those patterns too.
Cate

Mary said...

Sorry about the bootie problem - I did that with my first and second baby sock, so I knitted a third.

To reduce glare, I often take pictures with ambient light, and turn off the flash. I sometimes get truer yarn colors that way, too. Or I take pictures of yarn and/or FO's outside on the front porch, in sunlight.

Mary said...

Oh, and I've said this before, but I LOVE that baby cardigan. Love it! I need some babies to knit for! :-)