Friday, July 28, 2006

A fond farewell

On Thursdays, I teach a Beyond the Basics class at TYL. My student for this session has been Megan. She has been a great student. Last night was our last class together. I hope she found it helpful...as I certainly enjoyed having her for a student. Megan's baby is due in October. Good luck, Megan!!




Thursdays are also teaching night for Cate. She only has one student this time, too...Carolina. Carolina made the CUTEST santa hat out of Handknit Holidays by Melanie Falik. It is such a great looking hat, I might have to make one for the upcoming Christmas season this year.
My own knitting has been conspicuously absent the last few posts. The truth is that I haven't made a lot of progress on it lately. It seems that while I'm knitting on my father's sweater...it's just getting shorter.

But it appears from comparison, it is actually getting ever so slightly longer....maybe this weekend I can get to work on the ribbing at the bottom and then contemplate the sleeves.

Here's the daily pic of Ginnie Lee.

Since she killed the squeaker in her favorite squeaky toy, she got two new ones: Mr. Lion and Mr. Frog. Mr. Frog is quite clever because he has Velcro along his back that allows me to replace his squeaker should it ever get destroyed. Mr. Lion is hugely popular because he has legs made of rope that flail about when he's shaken.

1 comment:

Having a Knit Fitt said...

The weather pixie sure is cute. Wonder what she wears when it is snowing? Just dreaming ;-)
Cate