Thursday, July 20, 2006

cute, huh?

I have been meaning to take pics of my yarn and works in progress (WIPs), but haven't had enough time and quite frankly, it's been too bloody hot! It's hard to get motivated to do anything at all when it's so hot...and I like hot weather! But without central air and no good ventilation in my little carraige house, it can be a little miserable.

Today it's only 89 degrees rather than 98, which is what is was a couple days ago. But tonight I have a Beyond the Basics class at The Yarn Lounge, so I doubt I'll get many pics taken...but I'll try.

Meanwhile, I'll post a pic of the last finished objects (FO), which are a baby kimono from Mason Dixon Knitting and a pair of baby booties from online pattern which I modified slightly.




*I* am not having a baby. But there are eight (yes, eight) babies due to various co workers in the next several months, so I am on a baby knitting spree. The sweater and booties above might well have gone to the same recipient, seeing as they match and all...but because there is so much baby knitting to do, I broke up the set and gave them to two recipients.

They are both knit out of Rowan RY Yarns Cashsoft 4ply in Quartz. I used a total 2 balls for both projects and have a smidge leftover. That kimono knits in a flash and is super cute. The booties take about 2 hours each to knit and that includes me stopping and staring off into space occassionally.

Ginnie Lee is at day care again today so she'll get worn out enough to be able to be a good dog at the Yarn Lounge tonight during class. Hopefully, we'll capture it on camera.

1 comment:

Mary said...

The Kimono and booties came out great! Will you share a link for the bootie pattern?