Monday, July 24, 2006

Unexpected purchase

Yesterday was so busy, I couldn't post. So, I'm a little behind from the weekend.

First, Cate got a fetching new hair cut, and she looked just lovely:

I love the way she's got that little curl on her cheek. Cate has a great look.

Second, Daisy, who came to stay with us over 4th of July weekend was v. grateful for a place to stay other than the kennel, so Daisy's mom Kelli gave me a gift card to the Yarn Lounge. Of course, I had to spend it immediately! And what better to spend it on than a luxury that I would not normally buy for myself:

That's right! A skein of Mongolian cashmere! Woo hoo!

Third, I am teaching my friend Autumn how to knit, so we met at TYL on Saturday for her purling lesson.

She is doing so great, she is going to outknit me soon. Her work is beautiful.

Fourth, Saturday night Erik, Vince and I went to a baseball game. They were giving away chapstick with a mermaid/princess/barbie looking character on it. Quite manly and sportslike....

Here is Diamond Duck talking to the little girl who was sitting behind us. At some point in the evening, she hit me in the face with a green mini beanbag. It was an accident, I suppose....I wish I had gotten a picture of it.


Tonight is knit night at TYL. I MUST remember the camera. Should be a lot of fun. I hope Stew gets doughnut holes again. Those are the best.

1 comment:

Having a Knit Fitt said...

Thanks for the compliments. See you at Knit Night!
Cate