Thursday, July 26, 2007

Temporary addition, FO, and WIP

This summer, GL and I are honored to have Elizabeth and Hershey staying with us. Elizabeth is a rising 3L at Washington and Lee University Law School. Hershey is her canine companion.
Here's Hershey:

Hershey and GL have a love/hate relationship....
Notice GL always goes for the ankles

Afterwards, Hershey doesn't see purpose in a pillow... as long as there is a shoe lying around somewhere....


Meanwhile, I have managed to finish one thing since April....How embarassing.... Anyway, here it is.


LEAF from Fitted Knits
Out of Lion Brand Cotton Ease
Color....blue? I think it's a bit more purple in real life.


The Cotton Ease is a decent yarn for the price, but this sweater is pretty heavy. Also, I made a size too big. I should have paid attention to the shape of the garment and focused more on the waist measurement rather than the bust measurement. Oh well, I guess it will be my kinda baggy, cropped blue sweater.

My current WIP is a short sleeve crew neck sweater out of Jo Sharp Knit 2. It's out of Rowan Cotton Glace in a bright pink color.

At first I didn't like the Cotton Glace, but once I switched to Addi Turbos, I absolutely love it! I'm curious to see how much stretching it does once I'm done....you know, sometime in 2008.


Ok, GL....I'll post a picture of you sleeping, too.

OK, let's see if I can keep up with this blog this time. . .

7 comments:

Mary said...

Welcome back! I love the Leaf sweater -- I'm sure it looks cute on you. Or you could try shrinking it in the dryer! ;-)

Robin said...

Yah!!! You're back!!

Leslie said...

Yay! Glad you're back! What's a 3L?Better not be her jeans size. And is it too late to name the penguin?

Having a Knit Fitt said...

Oh goodie! Glad to have you back. Love the leaf sweater.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

So glad to see you & GL back! Sorry I missed the swap this year. Old age made me forget!!

Sneaksleep said...

Yahoo! Welcome back! Looks like Hershey and GL are having fun together, despite their differences. That pink cotton glace is the perfect color for you.