Saturday, July 28, 2007

Stash Management and WIP disappointment

Bryna sent me this link to Mochi Mochi blog the other day.... It's...it's .... the mother of all stashes. I've never seen anything like it. I am in awe.

In the interest of full disclosure, here is my own yarn room. Not even 1/10th of Mochi's mother in law...


As you can see, I have 5 clear drawer bins of yarn. (Can you see the blue and pink classic elite in the top drawers??)

And then I have a couple totes sitting around with yarn in them....

But that's it, I swear.....

Well, the short sleeve top I have been knitting out of the Cotton Glace is coming out too big. I did a gauge swatch and got a gauge of 24 stitches to 4 inches on size 2s. The pattern calls for 25 to 10 cm. I thought that 10cm and 4 inches were the same....but after finding that I was 6 cm to big on the back of my sweater, I looked closely at the tape measure and 10cm is actually about 1/8 inch shorter than 4 inches...thus the huge difference in my gauge. Anyhooooo.....I am swatching now with size 1s and getting a much closer gauge. The question is this....can I knit a whole sweater in size 1s????

2 comments:

Mary said...

Wow, an entire sweater in 1's. I can't even fathom knitting a hat in 1's. If you succeed, I will be duly impressed with your mad skillz!

(By the way, I envy your yarn room! My next house is going to have one, doggone it!)

Sneaksleep said...

I am so jealous of your stash room I can't even put words to it.