Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Good Visit

My friends Eric Miller and Ruoxia Li came to visit this week! They had a conference here in Richmond and stayed over a few days to visit with me.
Eric and I went to University of Pittsburgh together. I was in law school there and Eric was getting his doctorate in Anthropology. After he defended his dissertation, he moved to China where he met Ruoxia. They have relocated to Iowa for now...but are talking about returning to China. I'm so glad we were able to visit!
Lucky for us, we have lovely Maymont Park here in Richmond. Thanks to Melanie for the suggestion.
We popped by the Old Chesterfield County complex where Ruoxia and I tried to put Eric in the stocks.
We also went by the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. I think most of the exhibits are in hiding right now due to all the renovations, but we saw a few things, including the Faberge collections, which was nice.
Of course, I was most interested in sheep.........and dogs.

No comments: