Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Insomnia Chronicles--Part Seven

I got started on this:
Which is the Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawl by Susan Pierce Lawrence. Great pattern. I have made attempts at lace before with skinny yarn and skinny needles, and thrown it all down in disgust. This pattern is for worsted, so I don't feel like I'm going blind and arthritic. I totally went stash diving for the yarn on this one, too....which was highly satisfying since this Shaefter Marjaana has been sitting around so long, the Indira Gandhi colorway doesn't even exist anymore (that I can find, anyway). Pretty, huh? This is just the cast on and set up rows, so we'll see how I do on the lace pattern.

The ever faithful Ginnie Lee gets up when I get up at 3 a.m. and goes outside to go potty, then takes her place on her "Ginny Lee" (totally spelled wrong) bed next to the couch. And when I go upstairs to get back into bed, she will uncurl herself and make the long climb with me again.
What a good dog

3 comments:

Mary said...

Bummer about the insomnia. Is it time to start thinking about Ambien?

You're the second person who has recommended that shawl pattern recently -- I need to get it, I think.

Ginnie Lee is a good girl! :-)

Having a Knit Fitt said...

That shawl looks perfect! I have knit my last lace for a looong time but if I were going to knit any, I'd be tempted.
So, have you joined Ravelry? If you have, I want to friend you.
That G.L. she is a true pal.
Cate

Sneaksleep said...

It is looking gorgeous already--love the colorway! Sorry you're having insomnia, though.

(And thanks so much for rubbing it in that you got your Ravelry invite already)